Friday, May 18, 2012

Upgrading the Armour of God



I was feeling a little worn out this week. It happens. 
We're human and self-emptying is not something easily done - just ask Jesus. 
Fortunately the Holy Spirit fills us again and again.



I realised that my old "Armour of God" was dented and cracked. 



Dented from battles, cracked from doubt and moments of lack of attention to the Spirit's direction. 


What can I say, I've been using the same one for years. 


I guess that's being a little too old school. 






So I decided to ask the Boss to fix up my armour. 


I think got an upgrade!


The thing about being weary and taking of one's armour is that you realise how heavy it was, how light you feel without it and there is a moment, as you soak in the pool of unconditional love  that you don't wan't get out; that you don't want to put it on again.
  
But when you do put it on - when you accept to go back out into battle.. 


and challenge the powers and principalities - wherever they are found - using loveforce and truthforce;


when you put that armour on willingly - it feels like a second skin
and engergises you completely for the mission that awaits... 


May be its just the upgrade.... either way, thanks God. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment